Renew Books that I have Checked out
- MERLIN Libraries (MU, UMKC, MST, and UMSL): Books may be renewed online up to two times. You will have to bring the book to the library after the second renewal at which time the staff will check in the book and check it out to you provided no one else has placed a hold on the book.
- MOBIUS Libraries: Books may be renewed two times online only.
NOTE: Bound journals may not be renewedOverdue/billed books
- “OVERDUE” books may be renewed online
- “BILLED” books must be brought back to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk or any branch library
- Once a MOBIUS book has reached “BILLED” status, it will be sent back to the lending library. It cannot be checked in and then out again.
To renew books online
- Select the MY LIBRARY ACCOUNT in MERLIN Catalog (on the right side).
- Enter Pawprint and password. Pawprint not working?
- Do not “RENEW ALL” unless all of the items are either overdue or soon to be overdue.
- If you “RENEW ALL” all of the books you have checked out will be due on the same day.
- If the due date on the books you are trying to renew does not change, there may be a number of reasons.
- Ask a staff member at Ellis Circulation or a branch library to tell you why the item will not renew.
Some items may not be eligible for renewal
- Items with holds for other borrowers
- Items from other MERLIN Libraries with two renewals (either online or in-person).
- Only you can renew MOBIUS books you have checked out (online only). They cannot be renewed by circulation staff.
- Books may not be renewed by telephone.
Please contact the Ellis Library at (573) 882-1101 (8am - 5pm) or send an email to June DeWeese firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.