Set Up Your Reading History in MERLIN
Keep a record of the MERLIN materials that you check out:
- Log into My Library Account
- Select Reading History and choose Opt-in
Please consider the following five items before you opt-in for Reading History:
- The list of items in your Reading History will display only MERLIN (MU, MST, UMKC, UMSL) materials that you have checked out. In other words, nothing that you borrow from MOBIUS or Interlibrary Loan will be included in this Reading History list.
- The Reading History list will only include materials you check out from the point that you turn on your Reading History. Materials that were checked out prior to turning on your Reading History will not be included in the list.
- Once an item has been returned, the libraries maintain no record of what you borrowed, and library staff have no access to your reading history.
- NOTE: The information collected in your Reading History is not protected by any privacy laws. Any records retained by an individual or institution, including your Reading History, could be subpoenaed through the proper legal channels. The UM Libraries will protect a user's privacy to the fullest extent possible. However, under the State of Missouri Records Law, library records are not exempt from disclosure.
- If you are concerned about someone else seeing a list of what you are reading, the safest step is not to turn on your reading history.