Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA) Reciprocal Circulation Program
- MU Libraries participates in the Greater Western Library Alliance (GWLA) Reciprocal Circulation Program with other libraries in the consortium.
- The GWLA Reciprocal Circulation Agreement is a program for faculty, staff and students of participating GWLA institutions to borrow library materials on site while visiting other, cooperating, member libraries. This service is particularly useful for distance learning faculty and students who live outside the Columbia area.
- Many, but not all of the GWLA Libraries participate in this program. Other libraries may participate in the future.
Participating Libraries include:
- Arizona State
- Brigham Young
- Iowa State
- Kansas State
- Linda Hall
- Oklahoma State
- Oregon State
- Southern Illinois
- Texas A&M
- Texas Tech
- University of Arizona
- University of Colorado-Boulder
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- University of Houston
- University of Missouri Columbia
- University of New Mexico
- University of Oklahoma
- University of Oregon
- University of Utah
- Utah State University
- Washington State University
- Washington University in St. Louis
Information for MU Faculty, Staff (including retirees) and Students planning to visit other GWLA libraries
- Each library that you visit will verify that you are affiliated with MU and that your library record is not blocked.
- Students will be asked to sign onto MyZou to verify current registration and all may be asked to sign on to their account through the MERLIN Catalog to show their library record as not blocked and with no outstanding bills or fines.
- You will be asked for your MU ID card.
- In some cases, there will be a time delay while the library you are visiting contacts us.
- There are at least two libraries that charge a small processing fee for a borrower card. Most libraries do not charge for processing.
- Contact June DeWeese, Head of Access Services, MU Ellis Library at email@example.com or by phone at 573-882-7315 before you leave to discuss the requirements of the library you plan to visit.
Information for Faculty, Staff and Students from GWLA institutions visiting the University of Missouri (MU Libraries)
- All of the MU Libraries, including Health Sciences and Law, participate in this program.
- Apply for your borrower card at the Ellis Library Circulation Desk
- Show your photo ID from your home university
- Provide proof of current registration (students) and proof of current employment or retiree status (faculty and staff) by one of the following methods:
- Signing in to your library catalog or registration database.
- In advance of your visit, request that the GWLA Contact at your home institution correspond with the MU Libraries GWLA contact (June DeWeese at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 573-882-7315).
- Once you receive your borrower card, you will be able to check out monographs/books owned by the MU Libraries. Other material types will need to be used in the library.
- Interlibrary loan and borrowing from other libraries in our state consortium is not included in this service.
- You may apply for a guest account at the Ellis Library Reference Desk to use databases and other electronic resources on site in Ellis Library for two hours per day.
- There is no charge for participating in this program, but other charges, such as printing from electronic resources will apply.