Request Books from MOBIUS Libraries
NOTE: If you live or work permanently (or for an extended period) near one of the MOBIUS campuses (academic libraries within the state of Missouri), you can elect to have the pickup location changed to a library at that campus.
To pick up a book at a MOBIUS location, you must make the request in the MOBIUS Catalog.
- Search for and select the book you wish to borrow.
- Select the REQUEST THIS ITEM link in the MOBIUS record
Display Holdings of MOBIUS Libraries
REQUEST THIS ITEM
- Select MERLIN (MU) as your affiliate cluser:
- Enter your name and EMPL ID.
- Select the MOBIUS cluster at which you would like to pick up the book.
- Books generally arrive in two or three days and may only be held for you for seven days before they must be returned to the lending library.
- Please pick items up as soon as you are notified of their arrival:
View your checkout record and check your held items to determine when the item is ready to be picked up
Wait for an e-mail note that we send to your MU e-mail address to notify you.
NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT LIVE NEAR A MERLIN OR MOBIUS LIBRARY--
- Select the Ellis Library Circulation Desk as your pick-up location:
- IMPORTANT: If you are requesting a book from any MERLIN/MOBIUS library and want it MAILED TO YOU, please wait until you receive the email note telling you that the book has arrived and is ready for you to pick up.
- At that point, reply to the note and tell the Ellis Library Staff that you are a distance learning student and would like the book mailed to you. Include an address that has a street name so that we may use UPS or FEDEX for delivery.
MU Distance Learning Student
YOUR NAME: Jane Smith
YOUR ADDRESS: 110 Abbey Lane St. Louis, MO 63123
- If you do not enter the special instructions AND email the message back to the addressgiven above, the book will be placed on the Ellis Library Hold shelf waiting for you to personally pick it up!
If you need further assistance, please contact June DeWeese, Head of Access Services, Ellis library at email@example.com or call her at (573) 882-7315.