Request Books from MERLIN Libraries
Request books from MERLIN (UM) Libraries:
- Search for and select the book you wish to borrow.
- Select the at the top of the screen.
- Follow directions to logon.
- Select the Ellis Library Circulation Desk as your pick-up location.
- If MERLIN does not have your book, try MOBIUS (all Missouri academic libraries)
Pick up a book at any MERLIN or MOBIUS library:
- If you live or work permanently (or for an extended period) near one of the MERLIN (UM campuses) or MOBIUS campuses (academic libraries within the state of Missouri), you can elect to have the pickup location changed to a library at that campus.
- To pick up a book at a MOBIUS location, you must make the request in the MOBIUS catalog.
Books generally arrive in two or three days and may only be held for you for seven days before they must be returned to the lending library.
- View your checkout record and check your held items to determine when the item is ready to be picked up.
Wait for an e-mail note that we send to your MU e-mail address to notify you.
- Under Any Special Instructions, enter the following note -- MU Distance Learning Student -- to indicate the item is to be mailed to you. Also, include your address to expedite the processing of the request:
MU Distance Learning Student
YOUR NAME: Jane Smith
YOUR ADDRESS: 110 Abbey Lane St. Louis, MO 63123
- Please wait until you receive the email note telling you that the book has arrived and is ready for you to pick up.
- Reply to the note and tell the Ellis Library Staff that you are a distance learning student and would like the book mailed to you.
- Include an address that has a street name so that we may use UPS or FEDEX for delivery.
- If you do not enter the special instructions AND email the message back to the address given above, the book will be placed on the Ellis Library Hold shelf waiting for you to personally pick it up!