Obtain Materials not owned by the MU Libraries
- Request books not owned by the MERLIN/MOBIUS Libraries through ILL@MU.
- The MU Libraries will borrow books from other libraries for Distance Learning Students.
- We will mail those to the students' home address (no post office boxes) when possible when the student lives outside the mid-Missouri area as defined.
- Some lending libraries will designate a book as "library use only" or give it a very short loan period or specify special handling that will not allow us to mail it.
- The Ellis Interlibrary Loan Office staff will communicate with Distance Learning students in these situations to discuss options.
In the Notes field of the ILL Request form, enter MU Distance Learning Student to indicate the item is to be mailed to you. Include your address to expedite the processing of the request.
MU Distance Learning Student
YOUR ADDRESS: 110 Abbey Lane St. Louis, MO 63123
See library resources in my community for information on your local library's services.
- Request dissertations not in the MERLIN Library Catalog.
- You may request dissertations that are not owned by the MERLIN/MOBIUS Libraries by filling out the Interlibrary loan request form.
- Dissertations are mailed to you free of charge, and if you choose, you may purchase them for $33.
- If you have no need to keep the dissertation, please send it back to the Libraries so that we may add it to the collection.
- Follow the directions above to have the items mailed to you.