Library Fines and Lost Books
- Overdue RECALLED Interlibrary Loans (ILL) will be fined at $10.00 per day.
- Overdue RECALLED books will be fined $2.00 per day.
Reserve books & Equipment
- Overdue RESERVE books are $2.00 an hour per item - maximum of $100.00.
- Overdue RESERVE EQUIPMENT (cameras, laptops, recorders, chargers, etc.) - $10.00 an hour up to a maximum of $100.00. If not returned you will need to buy an exact replacement for the piece of equipment. If you don't replace the item you will be blocked from checking anything else out from any library and also fined replacement costs of each piece of equipment.
BRINGING BACK AN OVERDUE RESERVE BOOK OR EQUIPMENT DOES NOT TAKE OFF ANY ACCRUED FINES.
- Replacement costs are $175 for overdue books from the MU system (for replacement, processing and acquisition costs). This replacement cost is removed if the book is returned within a reasonable amount of time. Although it takes some time to be credited to your bill at Jesse Hall. If you lose an MU book you may buy a replacement book that is in comparable condition to have the replacement cost removed. Contact Sue Schuermann, email@example.com .
- Books borrowed from other MERLIN/MOBIUS Libraries are subject to overdue fines for all borrowers.
- As a courtesy, the library sends one overdue notice approximately five days after the item is due. If not returned, the borrower will be billed a lost book fee, plus any accrued fines. Borrowers who would like to replace a lost book may contact a staff member at the Ellis Library Circulation Desk or their branch library for more information.
- Failure to receive a notice does not exempt a borrower from the responsibility to return books on time, and is not grounds for the cancellation of fines.
NOTE: If you are going out of town for more than a few days, the library suggests that you either return your books or make arrangements for your mail to be monitored for Recall Notices in order to avoid high fines.
- For questions about fines call (573) 882-7502 for Journalism Library or (573) 882-4072 for Ellis Library or any Mobius fines.
- For questions about lost books call (573) 882-7502. Ask to speak to Michael Hopkins or Sue Schuermann.
Abiding by these guidelines will prevent a block on your Merlin account which would prevent you from checking out any other books or equipment.