Locating a Copy of a Test
- Step 1. The best source in locating a test/instrument is the Cumulative Index to Tests in Microfiche 1975-2000 (Sets A-Z) REF LB 3051 .T45. Search by Author, Title or Subject. The Entry number is matched with a corresponding microfiche number in the Tests In Microfiche (TIM) collection.
- Step 2. Tests in Dissertations and Theses . REF LB 3051 .M691 T289. This guide lists test materials in dissertations and theses produced by students of the University of Missouri-Columbia; arrangement in the guide is primarily by Title of test/instrument.
- Step 3. ERIC , ETS TestLink and PsycINFO databases. Search by Author, Title, Keyword, Subject/Descriptor or Identifier. A search retrieves documents (ERIC) , book chapters and articles in journals that may contain a copy of the test/instrument.
- Step 4. MERLIN (online catalog). Search by Author, Title, Subject or Keyword. A search retrieves information in books, dissertations and theses that may contain a copy of the test/instrument. If too few items are retrieved, one can scope to MOBIUS , which searches catalogs at other institutions within the state of Missouri.
- Note: Technical Manuals that are often used in conjunction with tests/instruments are generally not included in the Ellis Library Test Collection. The best method in obtaining a manual is to request it directly from the publisher of the test/instrument. Consult the Publisher Information link within this guide.
- Note 2: Publisher Information: To determine the availability of a test or instrument not retrieved by using the above steps, consult the reference works listed under the links Publisher Information and General Sources of this guide.