Add a Document by Linking
When linking to an article from a library resource, follow the steps for creating a durable link and copy the url of the website and follow the steps below. When linking to a freely available copyright compliant website, copy the url of the website and follow the steps below.
If you are not certain of the legitimacy of the website, please contact the Reserve department: 882-6038 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to your course page, enter the course page password (if one is necessary).
- On Page Management select the Documents and Copyright link. For documents that are newly entered into ERes and have never been posted, select "Add Document". (Documents already posted to the site can be manipulated using the Modify Selected, Remove Selected, and Export Data features. Modify Selected allows both files and on-screen information to be changed.)
- Select "Add a New Document and Associate It with this Course Reserves Page".
- Enter the title of the document.
- Select "Web Link".
- Delete http:// unless you are manually entering the URL.
- Place the cursor in the Web Link field and right click on your mouse.
- Enter the URL of the document by selecting "paste".
- Select "Save" at the bottom of the screen.
- Select "Done" at the bottom of the next screen.
- Check the title of the linked document on the Document List.
- Select "Close Window".
To verify that the document appears on your Course Reserves page, go back to it, where the title should appear. Click on the title. Select "Click here for more information" to open the document. (Students do not have access to this page, they will open the document by clicking on the title of the document on your Course Reserves page).