Print Reserve: Guide for Faculty
NOTE: Photocopies of articles or book chapters must be posted on ERes (electronic reserve).
There are three ways to submit your print reserve list:
- Fill out the online print reserve request form.
- Complete the paper form provided at the Ellis Reserve Desk or the branch libraries' Circulation Desks when submitting personal copies (or if you bring them, library books).
- Provide an equivalent word processed list that includes for each item:
- Call number of each library book
- Name of the course
- Section of the course (where applicable)
- Dates to be on reserve
- Your name and contact information
- Loan period (select one for each item):
- 2 hours
- 1 day
- 3 days
- 1 week
- Please submit the request form as soon as you can, especially if it includes books not already in our collection. On average, it takes six-eight weeks to order, receive, and process books.
- We will process reserve lists in the order received.
- Renewing Reserve items
- Library materials may be renewed for the next semester if they are on reserve for the current semester.
- Personal copies of books may remain on Reserve, even if the items are not needed for the next semester.
- Any items on current print reserve lists that are not renewed for the next semester will be discharged at the end of the current semester. You will be contacted to retrieve any personal copy material.