Human Development and Family Studies 8200: Tests and MeasuresInstructor: Terry Cooney
Electronic Finding Aids
- Mental Measurements Yearbook (MMY)
Provides descriptions of published asssessment tools, including title, author, audience, publisher, validity, reliability, norming data and scoring information. Most entries include one or more reviews.
- TestLink--ETS Test Collection Database
Index of over 25,000 assessment tools from the early 1900s to the present.
1) Some of the tests indexed in this collection can be found in the Tests in Microfiche Collection. These are identified in TestLink as TIM and will have Tests in Microfiche listed under Availability in the full record for a particular test. To find these tests, click on the advanced search tab and do a PublisherSearch on Tests in Microfiche.
2) Sometimes, a citation to a journal article containing a copy of the test, will be listed under Availability in the full record display for a particular test.
- Tests and Measures in the Social Sciences: Tests available in compilation volumes
Index of 12,000 measures located in 126 books. Check MERLIN to see if book is available.
Print Finding Aids
- Tests in Dissertations and Theses
Ellis Library Reference LB 3051 .M691 T289
This guide lists test materials in dissertatons and theses produced by students of the University of Missouri-Columbia from 1960-1988. These dissertations and theses are located on microfilm in Special Collections, 4th floor, West, Ellis Library.
Note: Digitizers are available in Special Collections to convert microfilm to PDF files.
- Tests in Microfiche (TIM)
Index volumes located at Ellis Library Reference LB 3051 .T45 (1975-2000)
Microfiche collection is located in black cabinets facing the double elevators in the middle of the 1st floor of Ellis Library.
Note: Digitizers are available to convert microfiche to PDF files. Ask at the Reference Desk.
- Tests in Print (TIP)
Ellis Library Reference LB 3051 .T454 2002
Comprehensive bibliography to all known comercially available tests that are currently in print in the English language. Information provided includes test purpose, test publisher, in-print status, price, test acronym, intended test population, administration times, publication dates(s) and test author(s).
- Tests Critiques
Ellis Library Reference BF 176 .T419 (11 volumes)
Contains critical reviews of commonly used assessment tools.
- Commissioned Reviews of 250 Psychological Tests
Ellis Library Reference BF 176 .C65 2000 (2 volumes)
- Tests: a Comprehensive Reference for Assessments in Psychology, Education and Business
Ellis Library Reference BF 176 .T43 2003
Resources about Tests and Measures Dealing with Children, Families and AdultsNote: Most of these resources contain copies of actual tests.
Advancements in Pediatric Clinical Assessment
Health Sciences Library WS 141 .M985a 2001
Assessing Older Persons
Ellis Library HQ 1061 .A74 2000
Assessment of Couples and Families
Health Sciences Library WM 430.5 .M3A846 2004
Behavioral, Social and Emotional Assessment of Children and Adolescents
Ellis Library BF 722 .M45 1999
Handbook of Family Measurement Techniques
Ellis Library Reference HQ 728 .h267 2001 (3 volumes)
Handbook of Multicultural Assessment
Health Sciences Library WM 145 .H236 2001
Measures for Clinical Practice and Research
volume 1: Couples, Families, and Children
volume 2: Adults
Ellis Library Reference BF 176 .C66 2007
Measures of Family Functioning for Research and Practice
Ellis Library HQ 515 .S29 1995
Research Instruments in Social Gerontology
Ellis Library HQ 1061 .R44 1982 (2 volumes)
Social Worker's Desk Reference
Ellis Library Ready Reference HV 40 .S6464 2002
Sourcebook of Adult Assessment Strategies
Health Sciences Library HQ 1061 .R44 1982 (2 volumes)
Testing Adolescents: a reference guide for comprehensive psychological assessments
Ellis Library Reference BF 724.25 .T47 1986
Additional Books: search MERLIN
- Search under subject headings such as:
attitude (psychology)--testing neuropsychological tests psychological testing
behavioral assessment personality tests psychological tests
family assessment personality assessment psychometrics
Combine keywords such as assessment or research instruments with family, children, adolescents, aged, gerontology, etc.
Journal articles about a specific test/instrument: search one of the following by name of test/instrument
Note: Often a journal article will include a copy of the test/instrument being discussed.
- ERIC--Provides access to the educational and related literature available in periodicals published worldwide and in the ERIC documents microfiche collection. Coverage is 1966 to date.
- JSTOR--Full-text journal archives providing access from volume one to all but the latest few years of articles. Includes 9 psychology and 67 sociology journals.
PsycINFO--Most comprehensive database for Psychology. Indexes 1,300 periodicals as well as technical reports, dissertations, and other materials from 1872 to date.
Social Services Abstracts--Indexes over 1,406 serials publications and includes abstracts of journal articles and dissertations, and citations to book reviews.
Sociological Abstracts--Indexes and abstracts journals in sociology as well as books, dissertations and sociological association papers. Coverage is 1974 to date.
Social Work Abstracts--Indexes research articles in social work and related fields. Coverage is 1977 to date.