Gender, Race, and Class in Popular Culture
Instructor: Marc McKee
- American Decades READY REF E169.12.A419 1994
- Encyclopedia of American Social History REF HN57.E58 1993
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary American Culture REF E169.12 .E49 2001
- Greenwood Guide to American Popular Culture REF E169.1 .G7555 2002 (4 volumes)
- St. James Encyclopedia of Popular Culture READY REF E169.1 .S764 2000
Search the MERLIN Library Catalog to find books.
Select the Keyword search and type in the words describing your topic.
- Example: reality television
To find journal, magazine and newspaper articles, you need to search an index for your topic. For this assignment, try searching these indexes:
Academic Search Premier
A multi-displicinary database covering all subject areas.
Communications & Mass Media Complete
Covers magazines related to mass media and communications
Articles and book chapters related to psychology.
Articles, books, and reports in sociology and related disciplines.
Once you have identified the citations for articles you need, you can search http://proxy.mul.missouri.edu:2048/login?url=http://finditatmu.library.missouri.edu (the MU Libraries' electronic journals lookup service) to check if the journal is available full-text electronically. Just type the name of the journal/magazine/newspaper you want and note the dates available.
If it is not available online, there will be a link to search the title in the MERLIN Library Catalog to see if the library has it in paper format.
Citing Your Work
If you need assistance citing the resources used for your paper, go to our homepage and select "Citing Sources" under the heading "Course Resources."
This SOURCEPACK is a service of Ellis Library