Government Documents Guide
Documents in the News
- Lexis Nexis Hot Bills and Topics contains links to selection of current bills under consideration; also includes topic searches.
- Thomas, by the Library of Congress, contains links to the top five bills, current activity on the House and Senate Floors, schedules, calendars, and the latest Daily Digest of the Congressional Record. See the boxes on the right side of the page.
- Census 2010 Offers Portrait of America in Transition The Census Bureau just finished releasing all of the state redistricting file information from the 2010 Census, giving us a now complete portrait of population change for the entire country. Population growth continued to be heavily concentrated in suburban metropolitan counties while many rural areas, particularly in the Great Plains, continue to shrink.
Deepwater BP Oil Spill
- Deepwater Horizon Response is the official site of the Deepwater Horizon Unified Command
- Deepwater BP Oil Spill at Whitehouse.gov includes the following information:
- Information on Spill-Related Damages and Claims
- Volunteer information
- Federal Response Resources
- Daily Updates
- Information on Air, Food and Water Safety
Health Care Reform
- Analysis of the Major Health Care Legislation Enacted in March 2010 Written by the Congressional Budget Office, 3/30/2011.
- An Act Entitled The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (print)
- Health Care Reform Publications from the House Committee on Energy and Commerce Includes a summary of the legislation, benefits, facts sheets, costs, and guides for small businesses.
- Health Care Reform Implementation Timeline (pdf)
President's Budget of the United States Government, Fiscal Year 2011
- Budget of the United States Government
This page provides links to the Budget, Analytical Perspectives, Appendix, and Historical Tables in PDF format. Also available is a database containing files on Budget Authority, Outlays, Receipts and a User Guide; in CVS and XLS formats.
- Economic Report of the President
This report includes: 1. Current and foreseeable trends and annual numerical goals concerning topics such as employment, production, real income, and Federal budget outlays; 2. Employment objectives for significant groups of the labor force; 3. Annual numeric goals; 4. And a program for carrying out program objectives. Also included is the Annual Report of the Council of Economic Advisers.
- Congressional Research Service Report on the FY2011 Budget (pdf - 23 pages)
This report provides an historical overview of the budget trends through the most recently completed fiscal year (2009). It discusses major budgetary challenges over the past several fiscal years given the current economic conditions and provides an in-depth discussion of the FY2011 budget process. Finally, it provides context for the issues facing the country’s federal budget over the long term.
- Global Climate Change Impacts in the United States The report summarizes the science and the impacts of climate change on the United States, now and in the future. It focuses on climate change impacts in different regions of the U.S. and on various aspects of society and the economy such as energy, water, agriculture, and health. It’s also a report written in plain language, with the goal of better informing public and private decision making at all levels.
- Tracking the Global Economy A collection of charts reporting the current trends for several economic indicators. The charts are designed to provide accurate and useful information on the current economic environment and behavior of economic data around business cycle turning points.
- The Financial Crisis: A Timeline of Events and Policy Actions
- Reforming the Nation's Financial System: A Timeline A new website designed to help the public keep track of major financial regulatory developments. The site tracks Congressional and regulatory agency hearings and testimonies as well as key House and Senate committee member statements. The timeline begins with March 19, 2009, when the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing & Urban Affairs held its first hearing on Modernizing Bank Supervision and Regulation.
- Financial Crisis Great list of links from Jefferson County Library, Colorado
For further assistance, contact: