Places to Study
- Spaces where talking is allowed...
- Information Commons
The entire Information Commons is a place where studious collaboration is encouraged, therefore, you should feel free to meet with classmates here to discuss projects. The Information Commons offers other amenities such as computers and soft seating.
- Group study areas
- Ellis Library provides 12 reservable group study rooms; seven are in the Information commons, one is on the second floor, and four are on the third floor
- The Ellis Library Colonnade has several round tables that can seat four or five people each. There are also upholstered chairs that may be arranged into groups.
- 2nd floor Central Stacks has one rectangular table that can seat six people.
- Private, individual study tables
- Individual study tables that line the north, east and south walls on the second and third floors' east wing are generally very quiet places to study.
- Individual study tables in the west stacks are also very quiet.
- Spaces where you can pick up a wireless signal for your laptop
- Signal is strong in the Information Commons and in rooms 201 and 202. We understand that the signal is weaker around the edges of the building.
- Spaces with soft, upholstered seating
- Study spaces with computers
- The following branch libraries have seating and tables available for studying.
- Group study rooms are available at the Engineering Library, Health Sciences Library and Journalism Library