Renew your Books in MERLIN
Books and government documents may be renewed up to two times. MERLIN and MOBIUS loans must be returned to their owning libraries after two renewals, or if recalled.
- Select the option, MY LIBRARY ACCOUNT (opens in new window)
- Enter your MU PawPrint and password (no PIN required)
- If your PawPrint does not work
- Enter your EMPL ID # preceded by a zero and followed by a lower case letter c.
- If you are a student, you can find your EMPL ID # in myZou.
- If you are faculty or staff, look up your employee ID number (opens in new window)
- Renew a book
- Select the books that you wish to renew.
- Click on the button to renew.
- Do not RENEW ALL unless all of the items are either overdue or soon to be overdue.
- If you RENEW ALL all of the books you have checked out will be due on the same day and you may lose time on those that are not yet due.
- If the due date on the books you are trying to renew does not change, there may be a number of reasons.
- Please come to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk or any branch library and ask a staff member to look at your record and tell you what is causing the due date to not advance as it should.
- You may also renew your books at the Ellis Library Circulation Desk or any branch library
- Some items may not be eligible for renewal:
- Items with holds for other patrons
- Items from other MERLIN/MOBIUS Libraries that have already had two renewals (either online or in-person)
- Journal volumes, periodicals, reserve items, and other items with short or restricted loan periods (such as, but not limited to, reference items checked out on discretionary loan)
- Books may not be renewed by telephone.