Purchase a Borrower Card
Persons who are not MU students, faculty or staff and who are not affiliated with any other MERLIN/MOBIUS Library or an employee of Missouri State Government may purchase a borrower card if:
- You are a Missouri resident 16 years old or older
- Have no outstanding fines or overdue books
- Have never been sent to Collection Agency because of non-return of Library materials
Documentation you need to bring with you to the Ellis Library Circulation Desk in order to purchase a borrower card:
- You must bring a current Missouri Driver’s License or Missouri State photo ID card.
Your Missouri State Drivers' License number will be used as your ID # so we must see the actual license or card.
- Proof of permanent address (no post office boxes, please)
- $35 either in cash or check or money order (no credit cards)
- Night and weekend applications may need to be verified during a weekday before borrower cards can be issued.
- Purchased borrower cards are good for one year unless circumstances such as non-return of library materials become an issue.
Before asking to purchase a borrower card, please inquire to see if you qualify for a courtesy borrower card.